CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 6, 2009

The First Blog!

I'm so excited to finally be starting this blog, after weeks of blogging intentions! I hope it aids me in keeping track of fun memories, keeping in touch with friends and family, and indulging my creative side!
We had a lot of fun this weekend and made the most of the great weather. The girls and I visited a friend's dairy farm. It was amazing! We arrived a hour after twin calves were born. We were able to go and pet the babies, it was so exciting for the girls and me!


Twin girls, 1 hr old



I know it's ridiculous, but how cute are the boots!

It was really amazing all to see all that goes into the milk process. There is an elaborate system of tubes and pipes that take the milk from the cows to the refrigeration vat. (Warning - mature cow content!)




The girls got to bottle feed 2 wk old calves, Charlie and Bunny.





The girls loved the little calves and getting to pet the big cows, but they were equally thrilled by the cats!! Which made me feel kind of guilty when I realized that not only do we not have any pets, we don't even have any plants at our house! So, there may be a pet on the horizon.....

(hello sea monkeys!!)


0 comments: